Saturday, June 13, 2009

Review on StatCounter Web Tracker

StatCounter offers a great web tracker. It can count the number of visitors to your web site. The service provides you a lot of detailed information about your visitors: where they are from, their computer’s settings, what link brought them to your site and their navigation path inside your site.

They say that “knowledge is power”. When it comes to web site promotion, this is certainly true! I believe the more you know about your users, the more successful your web site becomes. With this service you get a lot of information that can really be useful. By the way, you can hide the web counter using its invisible settings, so it doesn’t bother some users. I personally use this feature on my web sites.

One small thing that bothered me with StatCounter is that once I’ve added it to my web site’s pages, they would come up somewhat slower. I didn’t compare it to other web counters, so I can’t tell if it’s slower than others.

I have used StatCounter to track visitors to two websites I own. I am very pleased with the service. I think the detailed statistics are great. It can provide you with a lot of import information about your web site visitors. I truly believe that StatCounter is one of the very best web counters and highly recommend it to every site owner!

No comments: